Filling Your Bare Garden Spots with Success
Story: Filling Your Bare Garden Spots with Success
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 30 October 2021
Spring is the best time of the year to re-pot your most beloved plants, giving them another chance to shine! Trevor shows us his way of re-potting, which is sure to promote more growth.
- Potted plants have a very short time before they need repotting. Usually, 12 to 18 months at the maximum.
- The first thing to do to help your plant survive is to take them out of their pots.
- The tell-tale sign a plant is tired is a lack of healthy foliage.
- Bang the soil off the roots and break them up. This will see it rapidly return to a strong healthy look.
- Dunk the plant in a pot of Seasol Gold for about 10 minutes before repotting it. This will help reduce the effect of transplant shock.
- Seasol works to seal off the damaged roots, stopping disease from entering, and then stimulates the roots to produce a sea of fine white feeder roots that will turbocharge the plants' recovery and growth.
- Prepare your pot with a special potting mix like Seasol’s advanced Potting mix.
- Seasol’s advanced Potting mix has been formulated to get the best results for all plants and has a wetting agent in it.
- It is a slow-release and will support strong growth for 4 months.
- Quality soil is the key to quality pot plants, whether they are indoors or outdoors.
For more information, head to: