Herbs Companion Planting Edibles
Story: Herbs Companion Planting Edibles
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 6 November 2021
Companion planting is a great way to grow delicious flavour pairs together. Trevor creates his own companion pot using two iconic Mediterranean flavours.
- To guarantee the best success rate for tomato growth you must choose the right pot. Preferably it needs to be about 30 to 40cm wide, and deep.
- Fill the pot with a premium quality potting mix that has natural and controlled release nutrients, a wetting agent, and high-quality ingredients.
- Pots for growing can be purchased at a local garden centre.
- Tomato varieties include Beefsteak, Canabec Super, Giant Tree and Grosse Lisse.
- It’s recommended to choose different varieties of tomatoes to grow together. Plant one of each variety spaced apart and add stakes for growth support.
- Basil is a great companion plant to grow with tomatoes.
- There are so many amazing basil forms in the Renaissance Herb range such as; Lime, Lemon Pesto and Green Ruffles.
- These varieties of Basil will fill the bottom of the planter and each of these forms of basil has its own unique flavour profile.
- The tomatoes will tower above rich in fruit, and the basil will fill out the pot below.
- Utilise a premium quality potting mix for your companion planting to guarantee healthy growth.
For more information, head to: