Herb Story – Tomatos
Story: Herb Story – Tomatos
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 20 November 2021
Tomatoes are wonderful in a fresh summer salad! Now’s the time to get planting and Trevor shows us the best ways to guarantee successful and healthy growth.
- Tomatoes are a rich source of Lycopene, a very important phytochemical that is known to improve overall health and help fight against diseases.
- Tomatoes will grow well in a pot or the garden bed.
- The Swan Valley Nursery has a Metro and Renaissance tomato range of complementary herbs for companion planting.
- Tomatoes and basil are great companion plants. Hence, are often planted together.
- To get the best choice of varieties in starter pots, look out for the Swan Valley collection in your local garden centre.
For more information, head to: