Pest Deterrent Range
Story: Pest Deterrent Range
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
Air Date: 20 November 2021
Avid gardeners are always on the lookout for wildlife/animal-friendly deterrents to keep their plants safe. Bonnie shows us the latest in pest deterrents.
- Dig-stop-mesh is a great tool to use as a deterrent. It can be placed at the base of the garden bed or on the lawn. This is great at stopping puppies from digging holes.
- The dig-stop-mesh can be wrapped around trees or poles to deter any nocturnal visitors from climbing up and around the garden.
- The mesh comes in 2 metre lengths and can be measured out to your desired area and cut into correct lengths. Ensure the area is clear of any large objects like sticks or rocks.
- Using the ground fixing pins, secure them into place. Alternatively, if you choose to place it in the garden you can bury it slightly under the soil as a secret barrier.
- For trees, simply cut the length you need, wrap it around and secure it into place.
- The mesh is UV protected.
- Stainless steel pest spikes are a quick solution for stopping birds from roosting or landing around the garden, and it doesn’t harm them.
- The durable spikes lock into the polycarbonate base strips which can be attached to any surface with either nails, screws, or glue.
- Pest Fence Spikes are a neat, tidy and quick to install solution to deter rodents.
For more information, head to: