Episode: Episode 9
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 23rd April 2022
Trevor explores the Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show
- The Victorian Garden industry and landscape industry along with Flowers Victoria have conducted the first Melbourne International flower and garden show in 2 years.
- The hiatus saw the garden industry initially contract but then bloom, pardon the pun as the garden industry expanded to support the massive growth in interest in improving backyards across the country.
- There’s so much diversity with gardens featuring the work of students and professionals, and the professionals show gardens blew people’s minds.
- The displays feature gardens from esteemed designers and award winners including one from Christian Jenkins the winner of best in show and the gold medal.
- MIFGS as industry people love to call it is unique in the world. one of the great garden shows. with so many amazing products – stunning flower displays and spectacular landscape garden displays.
- Collectors Corner / Garden World has a display inside the great hall where all the floral displays appear as well. The creativity in this area has people in awe but I loved the use of rare and unusual plants from the Collectors Corner team.
- Emma Powell of Melbourne Polytechnic won the Award of Excellence for the Avenue of Achievable Gardens for Reframe.