Healthy Soils Healthy Plants
Story: Healthy Soils Healthy Plants
Presenter: Linda Ross
Air Date: 29th October 2022
Linda is showing us her grandmother’s favourite fabulously retro flowering plant that has a huge variety of colour, Hippeastrums.
- Scott’s Osmocote Bulb Premium Potting Mix has been developed by horticultural experts to provide the ideal environment specifically to grow bulbs.
- It has been blended to provide the ideal root environment for growing bulbous plants including Daffodils, Tulips, Jonquils and Hyacinths.
- This mix includes Osmocote Controlled Release Fertiliser that distributes nutrients as plants need it for up to 6 months as well as Wetting Agent to help water and nutrients reach the root zone and trace elements vital to plant growth.
- It contains Calcium which supports nutrient uptake and stronger plant cells and Potassium for beautiful blooms and greener foliage.
- Follow instructions on bulb packet but as a rule of thumb, plant the bulb twice as deep as its height. Perennials should be planted with the crown at mix surface level. Space out the bulbs approximately 10–12cm apart.
- Most perennials should be planted 20cm to 45cm apart depending on flowering size and height.
- Cover the bulbs with mix and water immediately after planting. Continue a watering regime, weekly in dry periods.
- After flowering and as the foliage dies back, reduce watering, and gradually dry out. When dry, lift bulbs from the pot and store in paper bags until they can be transplanted into the garden for next season’s flowering.
For more information, head to: