Mauritian Samosa with Coriander Yoghurt
Story: Mauritian Samosa with Coriander Yoghurt
Presenter: Brendan Pang
Air Date: 29th October 2022
Chef Brendan Pang is whips up some absolutely delicious samosa’s, with coriander as his feature ingredient!
- 500g potatoes
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander, chopped finely
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Drained and let cool. Peel and mash using a fork, leaving some chunks.
- Heat oil in a medium pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and coriander seeds. Stir the spices for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the ginger and peas and cook until soft. Add the curry powder and salt and give a good mix until mixing in the potato.
- Remove this mix from the stove and stir in the coriander leaves. Let cool.
- Wrap samosa using wonton wrappers and fry in oil at 175C until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and serve with coriander yoghurt.
- To make the coriander yoghurt, mix all ingredients in a bowl.
AS SEEN ON