Growing a Rainbow
Title: Growing a Rainbow
Date: September 1st
Presenter: Melissa King
I like to grow and eat a rainbow of different coloured vegies. Not only do they look good in the garden, they look fabulous on the plate too and it’s a great way to get a variety of nutrients and disease fighting goodies in your diet.
- Red fruits and vegetables like Tomatoes are jam-packed with lycopene a powerful health boosting antioxidant
- veg like purple cabbage are packed with Anthocyanins, which have antioxidant properties that help prevent health issues like cancer, stroke and heart disease.
- Carotenoids give orange and yellow fruit and veg their vibrant look and health properties like their ability to promote healthy eyes.
- Brown and white fruits and vegetables also contain lots of health-promoting phytochemicals – some of which have antiviral and antibacterial properties and the phytochemicals in green vegies all have anti-cancer properties.
- There’s nothing fresher and more nutritious than home grown, so I’m going to pamper this crop with a good dose of Troforte for Vegetables and Herbs.
- Troforte CRF for Fruits, Vegetables and Herbs is designed with fruiting plants in mind so the balance of nutrients in the mix is geared to produce loads of tasty fruit and vegetables. But it’s the hidden beneficial microbes in here, which really make the difference. Up to 24 different strains of beneficial microbes and friendly fungi get to work quickly to build healthy soil enhance fruiting and produce better yields