The Lawn for Life
Story Title: The Lawn for Life
Date: April 24th 2010
Presenter: Neville Passmore
Neville visits a turf farm to see what all the fuss is over Village Green turf.
- To make sure your lawn looks great when it is laid and for it to last for a lifetime, you need to source quality turf from licensed Village Green suppliers.
- Village Green Turf has been selected and tested under Australian conditions and is an ideal lawn due to its hardiness, wear tolerance and beautiful all year round colour. Village Green is very versatile and can be used on lawns, sports ovals, parks and golf courses
- Village Green has a deep and extensive root system which enables it to extract water and nutrients very efficiently.
- Village Green has specialized below ground stems called rhizomes that act as a food store. This means that Village Green requires less fertiliser and has the capacity to recover from damage and wear. This results in a lawn that stays green for longer under water restrictions or drought.
- Unlike other warm season lawns, Village Green continues to grow during the winter months which mean it maintains its colour, recovers from wear and keeps weeds out.
- Village Green is a very versatile grass it will grow in full sun to partial shade, frost prone areas and all soil types. It is not suited to tropical climates.
- For more information visit www.villagegreenturf.com.au
Village Green Suppliers