Strawberries and Goji Berries
Story Title: Strawberries and Goji Berries
Date: 9th October 2010
Presenter: Karen Moad
A great addition to spring time is fresh fruit in the garden and on the table. Goji Berries and Strawberries are some tasty choices.
Nellie Kelly Goji Berry
- Woody perennial vine growing to 3 metres, semi-deciduous with long branches which are best grown like a bramble against a fence or on wires.
- Grows naturally in the subtropical regions of Mongolia, Tibet and China and is from the same family as the tomato, chilli pepper, potato and eggplant.
- Small purple and white trumpet shaped flowers from late spring that become glossy red berries during late summer with a similar taste to cranberries.
- The goji berry, also known as the Wolfberry, is packed with vitamins, anti-oxidants and amino acids, and has been used in Oriental medicines for centuries.
Nellie Kelly 'Sweetie' Strawberry
- New variety of strawberry that has become a favourite of gardeners and cooks for its long fruiting season during summer and autumn.
- Produces magnificent pink flowers and an abundance of medium sized, red fruit that are juicy and delicious.
- Grows in clumps rather than via runners, up to 15cm high and 1 metre wide.
- Can be grown all around Australia and look great planted in raised garden beds or in hanging baskets or tubs.
Nellie Kellie Passionfruit Nursery
Address: 177 Old Dandenong Rd, Heatherton, VIC, 3202
Phone number: (03) 95517677
Fax number: (03) 95587677
Website: : http://www.nelliekelly.com.au