Stunning Plants for Spring
Story Title: Stunning Plants for Spring
Date: 9th October 2010
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Trevor has three gorgeous plants that are sure to bring colour, texture and vibrancy to your garden this Spring.
- Dought and frost tolerant plant, finally gives designers a flax lilly that changes colour thoughout the seasons, particularly if it is a cold region.
- Dianella tasmanica is a hardy and versatile plant suited to a wide range of conditions.
- Tasred will make a great alternative to Phormium. Grows to a height of 40cm with a width of 40cm and works well in many parts of Australia
- With its deep red flower stems, and its stunning blue and yellow flowers, Tasred puts on an impressive display in Spring.
- In Summer its flowers make way for large, bold, eye catching purple berries.
- Compact rich blue foliage with a far superior display compared to most Dianellas.
- Foliage grows to approximately 50cm in height with a spread of approximately 40cm.
- Tolerates a wide range of soils and climatic conditions.
- Suited to full sun as well as partially shaded positions.
- Hardy with excellent cold, heat, frost and drought tolerance
- Wyeena is more cold tolerant than other Variagated Dianella
- It has striking colour contrast and clean growing foliage. Our new Australian Native is sure to be a hit in your garden.
- It is best suited to Southern NSW, VIC, SA, WA & ACT in Mass plantings, Native gardens, accent gardens, as a foliage plant or a Feature pot; due to their non humid climates.
- However is still suited to Sydney & Brisbane and other humid climates but suited more as a garden plant, and will generally work well provided it can be cut back annually or as required.
- Performs well in heavy clay to free draining soils.