Winter Lawn Preparation
Story Title: Winter Lawn Preparation
TX Date: 23rd April 2011
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
With winter just weeks away now is the time to get your lawn into shape. Trevor reveals his step-by-step guide to a greener and lush looking lawn.
Tips and Facts
- Over watering lawns will cause leaves and stems to become weak and can become easily damaged.
- Lawns can assist in cooling cities and reduce the use of air conditioners.
- 58 square metres of turf provide enough oxygen for one person for an entire day.
- Turf traps an estimated 12 million tones of dust and dirt released annually into the atmosphere.
- On a block of eight houses front lawns can have the cooling effect of 70 tones' of air conditioning.