Seasol and Commercial Growers
Story Title: Seasol and Commercial Growers
Date: 30th October 2010
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Plant nutrition is vitally important in producing fast growing crops like lettuce and veggies. What should you be feeding your plants to get them growing strongly?
- Lady Bird organics was once a traditional grower using chemicals but they have after 2 generations become organic certified growers producing lettuce, vegetables and fruit such as strawberries and tomatoes for the national supermarket market.
- Organics are grown using green composts such as legumes and soil improvers like Seasol to activate soil health
- The grower says using seasol improves the plants hardiness and tolerance to extremes; because plants are harder, they are less impacted by insect and fungal issues.
- Pest issues are less because plants are stronger and this means no chemical use. Any pest controls can be handled by using natural cures and solutions.
- Strawberries are larger, better coloured and most importantly better flavoured.
- Look out for lady bird organically grown produce in leading supermarkets and grower markets.
Special Thanks to Lady Bird Organics, VIC
Address: 1027 Mountain Hwy, (PO Box 160) Bayswater, VIC 3153
Phone: 03 9729 6511
Fax: 03 97204792