Story Title: Energy Audit
Date: 29 January 2011
Presenter: Anne Armansin and Kim Syrus
Reducing your energy bill can be a lot easier than you think, by simply conducting an energy audit to monitor your energy consumption. Anne and Kim pop into a friend's house to help her out with a spiraling energy bill.
Anne's Tips and Facts
- Want to save energy at home but don't know where to begin?
- By simply walking around the house you can creat your own energy audit to which appliances are naughty or nice.
- Start outside and then go inside checking compliance plates and making a list;
- Hot Water System – average consumption 25% bill
- Reverse cycle air conditioner – up to 50% bill
- Lots of refrigeration – lots of energy consumption
- Lighting – usually about 8 – 10% of bill
- Laundry – around 10%
- Discuss consumption habits of homeowner and compare to estimated average household.
- Make some calculations (using computer) / check against bills (if possible).
- Offer energy efficiency or new purchase advice and estimations of savings.
- Check out the Top Ten energy saving tips for your home.
For more information