Story Title: Lighting
Date: 15 January 2011
Presenter: Anne Armansin and Kim Syrus
Lighting is responsible for around 10% of the average family's power bill, however in some homes it can be even higher. Anne and Kim feature how to get the best out of your home lighting.
- Due to the government's phase out scheme, incandescent lights are pretty scarce.These lights use 135 year old technology and throw out tremendous heat as well as light.
- You can save a lot of energy and money by using new lighting technology. For example;
- Garden – LED.
- Halogen downlight – Osram 35W.
- Nursery night lights.
- Compact Fluroescent alternatives are now available for all types of lighting.
- Available in the three colours, warm, cool and natural.
- Available in a range of sizes to suit your fittings.
- Available with the type of base you need to suit your fitting, small or standard; bayonet or Edison screw.
- Dimmable options.
- Incandescent globes have an estimate life of between 1000 hours – 2500 hours.
- CFLs have an estimated life of between 5000 – 15000 hours.
For more information