Indoor Flowering Plants
Title: Indoor Flowering Plants
Broadcast Date: 16/03/14
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Breathe easier with some beautiful indoor flowering plants this Autumn. Trevor shows us how to best plant these beauties without suffocating them-allowing them to breathe easier, just like you!!
- Pick plants that look good, and provide some colour contrast to each other.
- Scotts potting mix utilizes composted coco peat, bark, has 6 months of controlled release plant food in it, it utilizes wetting agents and water storage crystals and has been engineered to ensure perfect drainage. All for a bag of potting mix that costs around $10 dollars at your local Bunninsg store!
- Don’t go packing in the potting mix around the root-while you want to fill in the gaps and make sure there are no air pockets around the roots you don’t want to compact the soil.
- This potting mix has been designed to have air around the roots allowing them to breathe and for moisture to pass through unimpeded at the same time. If you push down too hard your compressing the soil locking air out and compacting the roots quite literally suffocating them.
- Make sure you give them a good water, Its very important as it gets air pockets out from around the roots and gets the plant off to the best possible start.
- The best thing is doing this now allows the plants to settle and grow during the warm period between now and winter and then used indoors will look sensational all through winter.
- your home, where you spend most of your time is full of objects that give of Volitile Organic compounds. These VOC’s are not good to be breathing in and plants will take them out of the air, along with CO2 and convert it into oxygen for you..they clean the air inside your house making them vitally important.