Creating Water Bowl Features at Home
Title: Creating Water Bowl Features at Home
Broadcast Date: 4/5/14
Presenter: Calinda Anderson
Calinda Anderson from Woodvale Fish and Lily Farm drops by to show us how easy it is to create water bowl features at your place now.
- Water features are great in any garden, big or small-they bring tranquility and can act as a focal point. If you position them right, you can even utilize your features to grow plants.
- Birds, frogs and insects will also benefit from water features.
- To create a water bowl, start by picking a bowl that suits your style and the rest of your backyard. Seal it, plug the drainage holes and fill with water. Next, add a generous layer of fine river gravel to the base of the pot, about 10 to 15 cm. Then, add water!
- Choose a great, water loving plant. Calinda has chosen a blue water lily. Water Chestnut, Water Parsley and Water Mint are all added to the bowl.
- Giant papyrus make a dramatic display, as does Thalia.
- A small pump can be added if you choose, as can an underwater light.
- After a few weeks, you will have to add in a few small fish to nibble at any algae and eat any mosquito lave.
To check out some great plants for your next water bowl feature, visit Woodvale Fish and Lily Farm online; http://www.woodvalefishandlilyfarm.com.au or call (08) 9409 9284.