Photo Voltaic Energy
Title: Photo Voltaic Energy
Broadcast Date: 23/4
Wondering where all your hard earned money is going? If it is being spent on your energy bill, now is the time to make the change to a financially and environmentally sustainable power source. Photo voltaic panels can be installed on your roof by certified and trusted installers today, and you will feel the benefits in your pocket in no time. Kim chats to Margaret Waring who has had panels installed to find out how easy it is, and how rewarding it can be.
- Power prices across Australia have increased on average 50% over the past five years and likely to climb. We at the Garden Gurus have been looking at a very practical way to seriously cut your power costs, and that’s to go to Solar Power.
- Australia is not called the Sunburnt Country for nothing. We experience more solar exposure per square kilometer, on average, than anywhere else in the world with the Sun annually giving 10,000 times the energy than Australian's consume in a year.
- Photovoltaic Solar panels (PV for short) allow us to make the most of this renewable and clean source of energy.
- Margaret Waring lives in adouble storey house and had a 2kw - 8 panel system installed November last year.
- Even with solar installed, there are even more saving to be had by being smart about the way we use power. Simple things such as running your reverse cycle air conditioner at 25 degrees in summer and 18 degrees in winter will dramatically lower use and costs.
- As does hanging out clothes rather than using energy sapping appliances such as the tumbler dryer.
- Just like choosing a Solahart Solar Power system, energy free from the sun makes perfect sense. Check out their website for more information.