Date: 30th May 2009. 31st May in WA.
Story: Balcony Makeover
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Join Trevor as he gives a balcony an instant facelift. See how a touch of style and colour can transform a gardener?s nightmare into a trendy paradise.?
Cabbage Tree ?Red Sensation,? Cordyline australis ?Red Sensation?
- Red Sensation is an evergreen, palm-like tree with extremely attractive, long, dark red, sword-like leaves.
- This plant adds a tropical look to the garden, and makes an ideal feature plant. It works well in pots and containers as well.
- Red Sensation will grow to a height of 6m, and width of 2.4m.
Cabbage Tree ?Sundance?, Cordyline australis ?Sundance?
- Sundance is an attractive evergreen, palm-like tree with long sword-like leaves which are green on top and red on the underside and midrib.
- This plant is easy to grow and suitable for pots and landscaping.
- Sundance will grow to a height of 2.5m and 2.4m in width.
Herbs make a great addition to a balcony, when placed in pots they add colour, scent and a great taste to all your meals.
- These products are manufactured from a combination of clay and fiberglass to make a very light and durable outdoor range.
- Their remarkable lightweight design means that they are easy to move and position, this is particularly important for apartment dwellers.
- The manufacturing process requires no firing, unlike traditional ceramic pots, so urbanLITE pots use 60% less energy in production, thus making them a more sustainable alternative.
- These pots are available in three great fashionable colours; Light lead, Lead and Cream.
- UrbanLITE pots are sleek and modern in style, and designed for today?s urban environment.
- Each style is available in a range of versatile sizes, ensuring suitability for every garden, courtyard, patio or balcony.
- When growing plants in pots, it is especially important to use the best potting mix available.
- Terracotta and Tub is the most popular mix in Australia.
- This potting mix holds water longer, also has a slow release fertilizer and stimulates fantastic growth.
- It was specifically designed to grow plants in terracotta containers, but can be used in plastic, ceramic, stainless steel, concrete, wood etc.
- Debco?s potting mix is 25% lighter than other potting mixes and does not become compacted or waterlogged.
For more information:
Greenhills Propagation Nursery Pty Ltd
20 Gillespie Road
PH: 03 5629 2822
244 Singles Ridge Rd, Winmalee
PH: 02 4754 1422
2320 South Gippsland Hwy, Five Ways
PH: 03 5998 3237
Toll free number within Australia: 1800 650 341