Mum's strawberry tarts
Story Title: Mum's strawberry tarts.
Date: January 2nd 2010.
Presenter: Neville Passmore.
Neville whips up a quick and tasty dessert so easy even Dad's can make it.
Mum's Strawberry Tarts
Page 91 of Delish book.
- 6 sweet shortcrust party tart cases
- 24 medium-sized strawberries, hulled and sliced into quarters (longways)
- Strawberry jam
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream for serving
- Make or buy individual sweet shortcrust pastry tart cases.
- Lightly butter the tart cases.
- Mix the strawberries with jam and place in the cases so these are slightly overfilled.
- Place in a preheated oven at 190 degrees celcius for 10 minutes.
- After cooling, the tarts can be served with a generous dollop of cream.
This recipe came from Neville and Trevor's Delish book. For more great ideas on using fresh produce, grab your copy from all good bookstores or online.