Save water the smart way
Story Title: Save water the smart way
Date: 27th March 2010.
Presenter: Phillip Johnson
Phillip Johnson shows viewers around a suburban water wise garden and gives tips to saving water the smart way.
Phillip Johnsons Sustainable Landscape Systems
- Use all available water on site, rather than letting it run down the drain.
- Use multiple types of water storage - tanks and billabongs.
- Use natural creeks/waterways to filter water before going into tanks, or out to storm water.
- Use pumps to deliver water from storage to irrigate the garden where necessary.
- Create spaces, that means when it rains you want to be in the garden, not hiding inside.
- Look to combine garden functionality with aesthetics - great looking veggie tubs, a rock to rest the washing basket on, billabong for water storage.
- AL-KO garden JET pumps are extremely versatile.
- They are ideal for when you just want to use your tank water for irrigating the garden or washing your car or boat.
- They'll provide ample pressure for your garden hose and sprinklers.
- 52 Litre per minute water flow (3100 litres per hour) with 35metre head.
- Hardwearing Polypropylene casing, water resistant.
- 2 year replacement warranty.
Address: 29 High Street Glen Iris Vic 3146
Phillip Johnson Sustainable Landscape Systems
Phone: 03 9886 9793