Ellerslie Flower Show Part A
Story Title: Ellerslie Flower Show Part A
Broadcast Date: 17th March 2012
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Trevor features the unbelievably beautiful Ellerslie International Flower show. One of the most spectacular garden shows in the world you’ll be overwhelmed with ideas and blown away by the resilience shown by the people of Christchurch one year after the earthquake.
- The Ellerslie Flower Show is hosted in Hagley Park, Christchurch just on the edge of the city in stunning parklands.
- The ‘Reclaimed Space’ garden is the ultimate modern courtyard with a beautiful sculptural piece, which was originally a roof beam from a school that burnt down, but is now in the shape of a heart.
- The ‘Last Australian Garden’ was designed by Scott Leung, Miles Broad and Rick Eckersley and won gold at the Singapore International Flower Show. The piece depicts a ravaged Australian landscape and the creators took inspiration from the topical debate that was raging in Australia at the time regarding climate change.
- If you have a spare quarter of a million dollars lying around than the ‘Casa De Vidro’ is for you. It’s an amazing glasshouse that will take in all the fabulous views of your garden. It is simply stunning.
- Ben Hoyle’s garden design walked away with a gold medal and the people’s choice award. ‘She loves me, She loves me not’ is an amazing outdoor sitting room where you can relax the days away on a giant water lily.