Ringwood Community Garden
Title: Ringwood Community Garden
Broadcast: September 2, 2017
Presenter: Melissa King
Community gardens are places where people come together to grow their own food, share their harvest and a love of all things green and nowhere is that love with gardening more alive than here at the Ringwood Community Gardens east of Melbourne.
- Ringwood boasts 113 plots spread over 1 acre and the garden is a melting point of gardeners from lots of different cultures so each plot is filled with veggies and herbs all over the globe.
- Gardens like this are so valuable to the community and it’s a space where people come together to share their gardening ideas.
- John from Ringwood is planting in his plot with a little help from Mel, who has something for him to put into his planting hole at planting time for his seedlings to be off and racing.
- If you’re doing any kind of planting this spring then you’re going to want to get your hands on this stuff. Seasol Planting Gel is a blend of semi-hydrated water storing crystals boosted with Seasol and essential nutrients.
- It stores water and nutrients at the root zone, where the plants need it the most. The added Seasol promotes strong healthy roots, reduces transplant shock and gives plants a healthy start.
- The essential nutrients boost plant growth and the gel absorbes, retains and delivers water to the plant when it needs it most.
- Ringwood would have to be one of the most eclectic and vibrant community gardens in Victoria and with a little help from Seasol it’s set to be a fruitful spring.
P: 1800 335 508