Episode: Spring 2019, Ep04
Presenter: Bonnie–Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 28th September 2019
If you’re looking for a way to utilise unused space in your garden, raised garden–beds might be of interest to you.
- The Holman Raised Garden–Bed is easy to set up, with no screws or bolts required. This system is completely customisable, designed to connect as many modules as you like. This garden–bed is perfect if you have a small patio, or particularly if you’re renting – you can simply pack it up and take it with you.
- The 1.2m by 60cm garden–bed has a 30cm depth, making it perfect for growing some deeper–rooted vegetables.
- You can place your Holman garden–bed directly onto pavers, concrete or grass. Once you are happy with how it is positioned, fill it up with a premium potting mix.
- You don’t have to worry about your plants burning during the hot summer months, as the garden–bed comes with a complete irrigation system – all you have to do is connect the sprinklers to a tap.
- The garden–bed is made of a non–toxic wood composite. It is termite, rot and rust resistant.
- It is important to make sure that your veggies are getting lots of sun, and that they are being well fed. Fertilising your plants fortnightly with a concentrate is a good idea.
- Raised garden–beds have many benefits – the soil in a raised garden–bed is generally warmer, which can help to quicken the growth of healthy roots. On top of this, they can also ease the strain on our backs.
AS SEEN ON