Segment: Memory Herbs
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep07
Presenter: Dr. Shy Vishnumohan
TX Date: 19th October 2019
While people tend to tweak their diets to keep their muscles strong, we tend to overlook one of the most important organs in our body – the brain. This is where memory herbs can be beneficial.
- Rosemary is the best herb when it comes to improving memory. Aromatic herbs such as this have volatile compounds that enter the bloodstream by way of the nose and lung linings, before potentially crossing into the brain.
- Research has shown eating just half a teaspoon of dried rosemary can improve memory speed in older people – and it can be grown in pots or as a beautiful hedge.
- Brahmi likes to be grown in a moist soil in a warm position. It tolerates full sun, and can grow well in part sun.
- Brahmi is available in capsule form, but also works well brewed into a tea. You can even add a bit of rosemary, as well as stevia to balance out the bitterness.
- Swan Valley Nursery is a specialist edible plant grower that specialises in flavours from across the globe, and you can source them from leading garden centres across Australia.