Rover Mower Maintenance
Segment:Rover Mower Maintenance
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep9
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 2nd November 2019
Mowers need regular maintenance to stay in tip-top shape.
- Changing the oil on your mower is very important – it will protect your engine against wear and tear, and keep your motor running smoothly. As the oil ages it collects dust, dirt and nasty sediments that can damage the engine.
- Sharp blades are important for a clean cut. Tearing the lawn with blunt blades will invite disease into your grass, so you want to sharpen or replace your blades if necessary.
- The air filter is an integral element to any mower, and is very easy to clean or change. Just open the air filter cover, tap out the excess dust, or replace the air filter if it looks too old.
- You want to make sure you’re checking the condition of your sparkplugs. If your mower is hard to start, or has poor engine performance, you can remove the sparkplug cap and unscrew the sparkplug. If the end looks deteriorated or covered in black carbon build up, replace it with a new one.
- Disconnect your sparkplug before doing any maintenance on the mower, and it’s good practice to get it serviced once a year.