Solving Your Sandy Soil
Story: Solving Your Sandy Soil
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 5th December 2020
As the days get hotter and longer, it’s important to make sure your soil is retaining all the moisture and nutrients your plants need to survive.
- Sandy soils leach water and nutrients very quickly, making them depleted of the minerals that are essential for healthy plant growth.
- You would generally improve sandy soils by adding compost and organic matter, but these need to be applied regularly and can make your soil hydrophobic.
- Soil Solver contains a blend of kaolin clay, silt and minerals that will turn your sandy soil into a fertile loam.
- Kaolin clay differs from other clays, like bentonite, which tends to stick to itself rather than the sand and humus particles.
- By sticking to the sand and humus particles, kaolin clay helps to create a better water and nutrient holding soil structure.
- It prevents the leaching of water and nutrients and reduces water requirements by up to 60%.
- Soil Solver is easy to use. Just mix 10kg per 1m2 of sandy soil with some matured compost before or after planting.
For more information, head to