Boosting Budding Orchids
Story: Boosting Budding Orchids
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 10 April 2021
Orchids are visually stunning plants that are great at adding a touch of beauty to any home. Nige reveals his top tips to care for and support your Orchid's growth.
- Scotts Osmocote Orchid Premium Potting Mix is a formulated, free-draining potting mix that provides the ideal root environment for growing epiphytic and terrestrial orchids.
- Scotts Osmocote Controlled Released Fertiliser for Orchids feeds for 6 months and releases nutrients depending on the soil’s temperature.
- Scotts Osmocote Orchid Premium Potting Mix contains calcium to fight against disease and a wetting agent to prevent dehydration.
- When displaying your Orchid, choose a bright area indoors or outside but avoid direct sunlight.
- Orchids require frequent watering to ensure their roots don’t dry out but it’s important not to overwater. Regular misting helps add humidity and clear dust off the leaves.
- A regular liquid feed, using Scotts Pour and Feed, will maintain the nutrient cycle. To apply, pour a cap full of the feed over the soil every couple of weeks for best results.
For more information, head to