Aviary & Mesh
Story: Aviary & Mesh
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
Air Date: 30 October 2021
Birds can be fun friends to have in the garden but keeping them safe and happy can be a bit tricky. Bonnie shares her DIY aviary solutions that will keep your birds singing.
- When building your aviary, ensure to get it secure from predators and rodents.
- Always take into consideration the number of birds you want in your aviary, their size, and how much floor space they will need. This is vital for the overall life satisfaction of the birds as it means they can move around happily.
- Whites have different wire meshes for particular uses, available in various heights and roll sizes.
- The Aviary mesh has a rectangular aperture pattern which is ideal for medium birds such as smaller parrots, Cockatiels, African love birds and even peach face birds.
- The aperture of this wire allows you to see through the mesh to check in on your birds, whilst keeping the vermin out. It also has a galvanized finish meaning your aviary will have better protection against corrosion.
- Adding a layer of mesh to the floor of your aviary will stop pests from entering. The mesh has a 6.5mm aperture which is nice and small so nothing nasty can get through.
- Use mesh clips that are made from stainless steel to secure it into place.
For more information, head to: