Story: Positively Green
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 4 December 2021
We all have that one neighbour with the best-looking lawn on the street. Trevor meets up with a lawn professional who can help you make your neighbours green with envy.
- Michael Maartensz is a lawn expert with 25 years of experience in the industry.
- Michael’s professional turf care company, Turfcare WA, has been looking after the turf care needs of local councils, the University of WA, private and public schools, golf courses, and a multitude of sporting clubs.
- Positively Green, Michael's newest company, is helping homeowners enjoy a stunning green lawn that is strong and healthy.
- The company uses a holistic integrated turf management approach that focuses on soil and plant health.
- The pogo meter is primarily used on golf greens in the turf industry to measure soil moisture, salinity, temperature, and electrical conductivity.
- Positively Green has recently launched in Western Australia but is planning to expand across Australia.
- A healthy lush green lawn absorbs more carbon from the atmosphere, locking it up in soil than the equivalent area of mature rainforest
- 6m2 of lawn produces all the oxygen a person needs per day.
- Lawns are great pollution absorbers. A house with a lawn is 50% cooler than one surrounded by a hardstand.
For more information, head to:
AS SEEN ON