Ekodeck Features & Benefits with Breakerboards
Title: Ekodeck Features & Benefits with Breakerboards
Broadcast: 21st November 2015
Presenter: Chloe Thompson
It’s a great time of the year to start planning all of those outdoor garden parties and BBQ’s, so why not create the perfect platform for summer entertaining with your very own Ekodeck.
- Ekodeck is decking with a difference. It’s made from a combination of reclaimed timber, bamboo and recycled plastic, so it’s low maintenance, with a timber look that you’ll love.
- You don’t have to spend lazy summer days oiling or painting the deck – because it maintains its colour and good looks without regular upkeep.
- It’s UV stabilized and weather resistant – so it doesn’t splinter or twist in the sun and its unique make up means that it’s termite, rot and mould resistant. It’s also the perfect choice for around pools because it has a certified anti-slip rating.
- You install Ekodeck in just the same way you would a hardwood deck: Pre-drill and screw. It can be installed over 450mm joist beams and it’s great for creating long straight lines. Make sure you gap it properly and give it room to move because it will expand and contract like any hardwood deck in the sun.
- The decking comes in five different colours to match the style of your house and garden.
- Ekodeck is easy to work with. If you’re cutting curves, just use a jig saw to achieve nice shapes and angles. It has two installation options; the first is a top fix where you drill in a 10-inch stainless steel screw. The second is the camo system that allows you to hide the screws to create a clean, modern look.
- Ekodeck boards come in long lengths of 5.4 metres so breaker boards are a great alternative to Butt joins, particularly in large areas where you might not want staggered gaps.
- The full ekodeck range is available at Bunnings.
Contact: Ekodeck - +61 3 9645 1987