Fiskars’ Tree Pruning
Title: Fiskars’ Tree Pruning
Broadcast: 21st November 2015
Presenter: Kim Syrus
When it comes to doing jobs around the yard, not everything is below your knees. There are plenty of times when you need to work head height or above and that’s where safety is so important.
- Ladders are extremely useful, they allow us to tackle some of the high jobs, like cleaning the gutters, but users beware. Always have someone holding the ladder when you’re on it, no matter how high you are planning to climb.
- It is a pretty sobering fact that serious injury and even death can occur from a fall as little as 1 to 2 metres. In fact, over 1500 Australians are hospitalized every year due to ladder related injuries.
- Rather than taking the risk of falling off a ladder or climbing the tree with equal consequences, invest in a telescopic tree pruner from the Finnish company Fiskars and honestly you’ll wonder how you ever pruned without one.
- As the name suggests, it is telescopic and slides out to a massive 5 and half metres, giving you a huge reach for cutting.
- Its high quality steel blade can slice through branches up to a whopping 32mm and the head is completely adjustable up to 230 degrees, just set and cut away awkward facing branches.
- It is always a good idea to put on a pair of safety glasses when working looking up. Using this telescopic tree pruner is so simple. If you are cutting branches 2 to 3 metres away, pull down on this middle handle. It slides on the shaft and the patented internal mechanism, which is 12 times easier than standard mechanisms that feels effortless and cuts through the branch with ease.
- If you don’t need the extended height, Fiskars’ Pruner can reach over 3mm and cuts high and low.
- If you have to cut thick branches, the saw attaches to both models of the tree pruners. The saw cuts both push and pull through the branches with ease.
- The best part about using tree pruners is that it keeps both feet safely on the ground.
Fiskars’ Tree Pruning:
Website - http://www2.fiskars.com/Products/Gardening-and-Yard-Care/Tree-Pruners