Seasol Planting Gel
Story Title: Seasol Planting Gel
TX Date: 19/03/2016
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Some gardens are a mix of different soil types: clay, limestone, sand. So when it comes to planting out new plants into your garden, getting is right makes the world of difference to the success of your whole garden.
- Before anything goes into the ground, dig the hole and apply a wetting agent. Trevor uses a Seasol product, which is extremely effective in breaking down the waxy coating on the soil that makes it so hydrophobic.
- Now that you’ve got the wetting agent on and the water penetrates evenly though the soil, it’s important that we make sure it stays down by the base near the root system.
- This is where Seasol infused planting gel comes in handy. You pop this gel into the base of each hole and it absorbs any excess water that goes down below the roots and retains it, encouraging the roots to go down deeper into the soil.
- This will ensure strong, healthy and fast growing plants.
- Remember that pulling new plants from their containers is a delicate process.
- If you’re not careful enough, you can actually damage the roots and send them into shock. To reduce transplant shock, again use Seasol when watering the plant into its new home.
- This seaweed extract in a watering can will do the trick and will stimulate rapid plant growth.
- With autumn rains upon us, and winter not too far away, this is the perfect time of the year to get out and start planting in your garden.
- Start your plants off in their new homes with the best possible chance of success with the help from Seasol.
P: (03) 9729 6511