The Best Mulch for Veggie Garden Beds
Title: The Best Mulch for Veggie Garden Beds
Broadcast: Nov 12th 2016
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Trev’s water saving tip this week is on an amazing new generation mulch for your veggies. Veggies and herbs need a specific kind of mulch so adding the right one is really important. The results from Troforte’s Mineral Mulch are amazing.
- Lucerne based, contains natural plant growth stimulants.
- Contains Troforte MMM technology that includes minerals and microbes contained in easy to use cubes.
- Expands up to 8 times its dry weight. One bag will expand to approximately 100 liters. Fantastic water holding capacity and lasts up to 8-9 months.
- Thermally processed, which makes it guaranteed to be weed and disease free. Light coloured straw ensures heat is reflected and thus keeps soils cooler in the hot months.
- Also contains a high quality humic soil conditioner. Short straw composition keeps snails at bay as they find it difficult to move over the mulch once spread.
- Australian made. This is a dry mulch and one bag covers up to 7 square meters whereas other ‘wet’ mulched only cover 2 square meters.
P: (08) 9302 1633