Water Wise Wonders – Creating a Water Wise Garden
Title: Water Wise Wonders – Creating a Water Wise Garden
Broadcast: Nov 12th 2016
Presenter: Emma Britten-Jones
Today we welcome a new face to the show, Emma. When planning your own garden, a great place to start is our own native plants so Emma shows us tips in planning a native water wise garden.
- Native plants are already adapted to the Australian climate and soils, and they’re living proof that being water wise doesn’t have to be boring.
- Smaller perennial shrubs make excellent feature plants, providing bursts of colour and great foliage throughout the whole year.
- Emma shows us the Pimelea Ferruginea or Rice flower, which is fast growing, fun loving and compact.
- Also take a look at the Chorizema or Flame Pea, which is useful as it thrives in part shade.
- We see the Kangaroo Paw, which make excellent accent plants when grown amongst other natives.
- To add complexity consider a ground cover such as Scaevola Aemula, this will be covered in pretty purple flowers for most of the year.
The Garden Gurus