Title: Heirloom vegetables
Broadcast: Sunday Jan 29th 2017
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Chrissy plants some of her favourite heirloom vegetable plants and seedlings from Swan Valley Nursery. This is a great inexpensive alternative to buying heirloom vegies from the supermarket.
- James from Swan Valley Nursery brings Chrissy some unusual seedlings and plants from their heirloom veggie collection including Sugar lump heirloom tomatoes, purple carrots, Beet mangel wurzel, rainbow chard and lettuce freckles.
- Soil preparation is important and using a premium quality soil which already has a slow release fertiliser, wetting agent and water crystals in it will help your plant reach its full potential.
- Heritage heirloom plants are your original plant breeds- all carrots were once purple, and what’s more intriguing is that they are supposed to contain anti aging properties.
- Heirloom plant varieties are not only healthy for you but they are beautiful in colour, with many people opting to use the pickings as an edible table decoration.
- Swan valley Nursery supply this collection to your local WA garden centres; currently the nursery has around 20 varieties on offer with the hopes to expand this number to 50.
Swan Valley Nursery
P: (08) 9571 2611
2430 Great Northern Hwy, Bullsbrook WA
AS SEEN ON