Title: NZ Gardens
Broadcast: May 6 2017
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
New Zealand is a place of beauty, adventure, rich culture and enormous diversity. It's a destination you just have to visit. Today Trev shows us around.
- The north island in particular has a huge range of attractions all within a stones throw of each other. Using Auckland as your starting point, the best way to truly experience New Zealand is on a road trip where there are unique expeirences around every corner.
- Approximately 2 hours south of Auckland is the amazing Hobbiton movie set.
- Proud New Zealander Sir Peter Jackson, director of the massive Lord of the Rings franchise was determined to shoot and produce his films in his homeland and here in the rolling farmlands east of Hamilton is a location used in his films.
- One thing they've really done well here is the gardens. Not only making them look like real, working, functioning gardens.
- A short drive back to the town of Hamilton you can visit Hamilton Gardens who recently won the best public garden in the world! Brainchild of landscape architech Peter Sergel is made up of a series of major themed gardens like the stunning Italian Renaissance Garden.
Tourism New Zealand