Title: Water Gardens
Broadcast: May 27 2017
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
If you were to ask Trevor what his favourite garden center with a twist it’ll be this one we visit today. Tale a look at Woodvale Fish & Lily Farm and a very passionate water garden expert.
- Water gardening is so popular but a lot of people think it’s hard. It’s not really difficult, in fact, it’s easier because you don’t actually have to water the garden!
- There’s an incredible array of different water plant species. No matter what style or theme your garden is, whether it’s contemporary or cottagey or a completely edible garden there’s a water plant to suit any spot and because water plants are generally such fast growing plants you get a really good crop.
- Trev and Calinda show us some of their favourites, one that grows so fast in the summer months and it’s so delicious.
- If there’s one thing that’s vitally important to all pond owners, it’s clear water, and one tip is to use Zeolite.
- It looks like gravel, and because of its regular shape and the fact that it’s actually highly porous it’s home to billions of bacteria so when you throw it into the water those bacteria immediately eat excess algae and nutrients, keeping the water pure and clean.
- If you want more tips and hints on how to have a beautiful water garden the first place you should stop is at a water gardening expert and Calinda and her team here at Woodvale Fish & Lily Farm is the one for you. If you want to know more check out their website.
Woodvale Fish & Lily Farm