West Leederville Community Garden
Title: West Leederville Community Garden
Broadcast: August 19, 2017
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Today, Nigel is at West Leederville Community Garden - situated on the outskirts of Perth City - taking you inside, beyond the enormous steel gates at the garden’s entrance.
- West Leederville Community Garden was established in 2007, with its 10th anniversary coming up this year.
- Nigel speaks with Anne Lake, a member of the garden, who explains that it all began with a letter-drop in the neighborhood, asking if the community was interested. Now, the garden is flourishing.
- They provide a great social network here as well as the excellent garden facilities. What’s unique, is that there is only one membership fee when you join, and it includes all of your tools, as well as all your composting requirements – compost which is made right here in the garden!
- For the 10th anniversary, they’ve come up with a children’s activity pack, to encourage children to take an interest in gardening.
- If you’re interested in joining a community garden, get in touch with your local council, and they’ll point you in the right direction.
The Garden Gurus