Tuart Hill Primary School Garden
Title: Tuart Hill Primary School Garden
Broadcast: August 26, 2017
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Nige revisits Tuart Hill Primary school, a garden the Gurus visited back in 2013 to set this whole garden up. Today we check up on how its all going.
- The garden has been around for about 4 years now with a lot of success. It's very popular with the students, parents and the community.
- The school focus on the paddock to plate approach, they even have a kitchen specialist on board!
- The students have lots of different tasks. They have different planting throughout the year, and propagate from one season to the next.
- The chooks play an important role here feasting on the kitchen food scraps, teaching the kids about waste and recycling. This is one of the best chook sheds Nige has seen.
- In this courtyard there are more raised garden beds, with plenty of tomatoes that the whole school and parents just love. These beds are an excellent way to grow veggies of all varieties and a great height to work with, for adults, the smaller beds are better for the younger kids.
The Garden Gurus