Raised Garden Beds
Title: Raised Garden Beds
Broadcast: September 16th 2017
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Today, Trevor visits the winner of our Holman Garden Competition, to install her brand new raised garden bed – curtesy of Holman Industries.
- Louise Pople was the lucky winner of a prize from our facebook page recently: a brand-new Holman raised garden bed for her backyard.
- Not only is Louise’s garden bursting with life, but she also runs a business called ‘Living Eggs’, where she hatches chicks in schools and aged care facilities, to offer them the experience of watching chickens grow.
- The Holman Raised Garden Bed comes with a really easy modular system. Its planks are made of a combination of saw dust, pine shavings, rice hulls, and recycled plastic – making it high impact.
- Setup is really easy as there are no tools involved; simply slot the planks, allowing you to make your garden any shape you want.
- Once the frame is setup, it’s time to add a really good planting compost. Trevor recommends one from Richgro that although intended for roses, is actually particularly good for vegetables.
- Now comes the hard part of choosing what plants to grow.
P: (08) 9204 1011