Seasol Super Soil Wetter & Conditioner
Title: Seasol Super Soil Wetter & Conditioner
Broadcast: September 30th 2017
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
We are now at the cross point of soil moisture levels going from extra wet to a little too dry and getting soil improving is vitally important. There’s many ways you can retain moisture longer and today Trev gives you a method you should really consider.
- Wetting agents were an innovation introduced in the 1980’s to WA gardeners because Perth’s sandy soils became hydrophobic too easily. Wetting agents ensured that water could evenly penetrate the soil wetting the feeding and drinking roots just below the soils surface.
- The trouble was as soil dried soil born fungi coated organic matter and some sands in a waxy coating that repelled water stopping it flowing evenly through the soil… but adding a surfactant in the form of a wetting agent washed the wax off and allowed water in.
- Like all things, as more and more wetting agents came on the market, results started varying and this seemed to have been a classic case of wetting agents being watered down reducing effectiveness.
- Firstly you can get different types.. granular are extremely convenient and sometimes liquid concentrates are the best but there’s one we use professionally to guarantee results.
- Seasol Super Soil Wetter and Conditoner has seaweed extract and a super strong effective wetting agent that breaks down waxy coating in sandy soils. The seaweed concentrate helps the water get into the soil properly, it stimulates healthy microbial activity and helps stressed roots recover.
- Seasol has been known to save many a plant in hot dry conditions and this is exactly what’s happening with this product, so make sure you get your hands on some today.
P: 1800 335 508