Grilled Vegetable Salad
Title: Grilled Vegetable Salad
Broadcast: Oct 28 2017
Presenter: Russell Blaikie
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 medium sized eggplant cut into 10mm thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 10 mm thick slices
- 3 tablespoon walnut kernels, lightly roasted
- 3 teaspoons currants, soaked in orange juice for 20 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant cut into 10mm slices
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 lemon, we will use the zest and a few tablespoons of the juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- Herbs from your garden, I used a few mint leaves, some oregano leaves and some flat leaf parsley leaves
- 50 grams feta, crumbled
- Pinch of sumac
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 150g light tahini paste
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1 medium garlic clove, cooked in microwave for 30 seconds, then crushed
¼ tsp salt
To serve: A loaf of sourdough bread
Method for the sauce
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until smooth, reserve.
Method for the salad
- Heat the barbecue, toss the eggplant and zucchini with salt, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Grill the eggplant on the char grill section for about 2 minutes on each side, grill the zucchini for about 45 seconds on each side, remove both to cool on a large platter or tray.
- To serve, arrange grilled vegetables onto a large serving platter, sprinkle the grilled vegetables with lemon zest, walnuts, currants, and tahini sauce, drizzle with a little more olive oil.
- Crumble feta cheese over the top and sprinkle with sumac and a grind of black pepper finish with sliced mint and parsley leaves and some oregano leaves.
The Garden Gurus