Title: Garden Sculptures
Broadcast: Nov 18th
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Gardens come in all shapes and sizes, often with their own unique touches. Today Nige makes the trip west to visit a garden on the banks of the beautiful swan river with its own special touch.
- Earlsferry House and Garden is a classic heritage listed manor house built at the turn of the 19th Century and these days is run as a Bed and Breakfast.
- It’s the beautiful gardens and amazing garden art that’s taken our eyes today.
- Earlsferry has over 500 garden sculptures, 1,500 if you’re including the little ones and it just keeps growing.
- Martin Jaine is the owner and is a master craftsman, turning steel into master pieces all from reclaimed material.
- It all started when Martin bought his wife a sculpture for her 50th birthday and he decided to give it a go himself.
- Martin shows us around to take a look at some of his favourite pieces.
- If you want any more info on Martin’s sculptures, check out the website at www.earlsferry.com.au.
The Garden Gurus