Enhance and Optimize Plant Growth
Title: Enhance and Optimize Plant Growth
Broadcast: April 14th 2018
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Whenever Nige is in Perth shooting Garden Gurus stories, he loves to drop in to see the gang in the office, watch them work their magic behind the scenes, and make sure they’re not buggering up my stories in the edit suite. Today he’s checking out the green wall!
- Always a highlight is the green wall in reception that Trev built last year. Green walls or vertical gardens are much in vogue right now but there’s a few things you need to get right.
- The species selection, growing mix, watering and fertilising, as well as pruning as required. In most cases watering needs to be frequent, short deliveries to keep the mix moist achieved by the in-built automatic drip system.
- The best fertiliser for green walls is controlled release, delivering nutrients gradually rather than in one big dump. Just sprinkle a few granules into each plant pocket and gently water in.
- Troforte CRF for Pots and plants is the perfect food for these plants. This Aussie made fertilizer will feed for up to 8 months!
- Just around the corner from the office is Babylon Café. Like the green wall, potted plants love a controlled release fertilizer, which is exactly what Troforte fertiliser has been designed for.
- It’s got all the nutrients plus a range of beneficial soil microbes and fungi for improved soil health that lasts up to 8 months. An Autumn and Spring application will have you well covered.
P: (08) 9302 1633