The Ubiquitous Tomato Story
Segment: The Ubiquitous Tomato Story
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep02
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 14th September 2019
You can’t beat the taste of a home-grown tomato, and it’s important to make sure that you’re properly supporting your tomato plants.
- To keep your tomatoes healthy, make sure to keep them in good soil, give them regular water and sun, and make sure that the plants have proper structural support.
- You can find easy to assemble plant trainers to help grow your tomatoes – simply drive the stakes into the garden soil in a well-lit area and clip the supports into place.
- The Grip & Grow is made from durable, galvanized steel and can be used to support climbing plants such as tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants and even melons.
- Grip & Grow comes in two sizes, with the larger having extendable panels that are secured by spiral connectors. You can add more panels to keep growing your veggies.
- The ribbed bar will provide additional grip to hold the growing vines, while the hook and loop ties support the plant.
- The wire cages are easy to set up – simply push them into the pot around your plant, which will grow up the centre with the cage for support.