Segment: Spring Projects
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep03
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 21st September 2019
A green wall can be a fantastic, unique feature in your home garden, but it is important to make sure that it is properly installed.
- It is easy to install a green wall with a simple DIY kit – the Holman Connect-a-Pot.
- The Connect-a-Pot can be assembled to any design you like, in any outdoor space.
- Firstly, use a spirit level to make sure that your brackets, screws and pots are nice and level, then simply drill the brackets into the wall.
- The pots come with a piece of mesh that stops the potting mix from blocking the drainage hole.
- Using a good quality potting mix is important – once you have planted your plants, all you have to do is clip them onto the brackets. With this being a modular system, you can add more and more pots to your wall.
- It is essential that you regularly water your green wall, and the pots come with clips if you want to install an irrigation system.