Potted Plant Care
Segment: Potted Plant Care
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep07
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 19th October 2019
Growing plants in pots and containers is becoming more and more popular, and it is important to make sure that you’re taking the proper care of your plants and soil.
- Not only do indoor plants improve air quality, removing toxins and increasing oxygen, they also connect us with nature, making us more relaxed, better able to function, and aid in our sleep.
- If you’re not a natural green thumb, look into getting a hardy plant species that can handle some neglect, such as succulents.
- Your indoor plants will do better with some basic care, such as dusting the leaves and the occasional water – although don’t water too much, as over watering is the most common cause of indoor plant death.
- The finger test is a good way to know when to water – if the top part of your soil is moist don’t water, wait until it dries out some more.
- Giving your plants a regular feed will be extremely beneficial, particularly if you’re using the right gear.
- The new, higher concentration Powerfeed formula is specifically designed for indoor and outdoor pot plants. It’s an organically based fertiliser with a dynamic range of nutrients, fish and amino acids for strong healthy growth.