Easy Plant Care
Segment: Easy Plant Care
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep10
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 16th November 2019
Community gardens are a great way to get outdoors, meet new people, and learn about new gardening techniques.
- Essendon Community Garden is full of activity, with a range of edible and flowering plants. It is home to a beautiful pineapple sage, as well as a beehive.
- You will want to give the growing veggies a good feed, with Powerfeed Controlled Release Fertiliser for Tomatoes and Vegetables being the perfect food.
- There are several different purpose feeds in this range, which means you’ll be able to find exactly what best suits your plants, giving them the premium nutrients, seaweed and microbes they need.
- The seaweed will improve your plants overall health, stimulating the growth of a strong root system. It will reduce the stress of heat, frost, pests and diseases.
- Powerfeed contains a nutrient blend of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and trace elements to boost growth and stimulate flowering and fruiting.
- The microbes work to improve the soil structure, aiding in the nutrient uptake of the soil. This will feed your hungry veggies for up to 5 months.
- When feeding a mixed garden, you want to be sure you’re using a feed that will accommodate all plants. Our native flora has a high phosphorus feed, so using an all-purpose feed is a good idea.