Segment: Decorative Trainers
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep10
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 16th November 2019
Climbing plants can be a great, eye-catching feature in your garden, and it’s important to make sure you have them properly set up.
- Mandevilla is a tropical beauty with large, vibrant blooms decorating the whole plant. They love a well-drained soil, and to be grown in a sunny spot.
- Climbers need support in the garden, and the Zen frame from Whites will fit the Mandevilla perfectly.
- The Zen frame is 1.2 metres tall. All you have to do it push it straight into the ground – it will be nice and solid.
- The Little Robin frame is perfect for a cottage style garden.
- The Chinese Star Jasmine is not as invasive as other varieties of jasmine, being much more compact and neat. It grows to about 2-3 metres – if it’s taller than your frame you can keep it pruned back easily.
- The flowers are fragrant, and the bees absolutely love them.